Get Into a Professional Flow
Ocean 2014 is the diagnostic software to use with your RTI instrument. It displays all your measurements and waveforms gathered on an easy-to-read screen. Ocean suits everybody’s needs, it doesn’t matter if you require a full report or if you only want to use the computer as a display – Ocean adapts to you.
1. use ocean to collect all your measurements
2. save your measurements
3. press print and you have a complete report in your hand
If you use Ocean in Quick Check mode, you will be ready to start measuring within seconds. The Quick Check mode detects what instrument and what probes you have connected to assist you the best way possible – just plug n’ play.
By using Ocean, you can plan your measurements in advance, create checklists, add pop-up information for a specific exposure, and include instructions to simplify the work for you and your co-workers. Anyone performing the same test at a later stage will have a well-planned measurement protocol and can avoid any uncertainties in the set-up. Use Ocean to create standardized measurements, not only for X-ray equipment, but also for the complete X-ray room.
Tailormade or “off the rack”
Ocean gives you the freedom to be creative – build your QA exactly the way you want it. You are free to add measuring parameters to your test and include your own calculations and analyses based on the measured data. Define your own pass/fail criteria and add your own checklists.
The report can be customized with your own logo and own layout. Comments and pictures can be added. The reports will look uniform and professional.
The time in the X-ray room is often very limited, so a fast startup is of the essence. Ocean Connect uses our new Quick Check mode which helps you to start measuring within seconds.
When using Quick Check, Ocean detects what instrument and what detectors you have connected and adjusts the layout of the screen to assist you the best way possible. All the measured parameters are displayed on one screen, and these results and waveforms can be retained in the database for later review.
You can also export your measurements to MS Excel®. If you don’t need further processing of the measurements, you can print out a report directly from Ocean. The layout of the report can easily be customized.
Ocean Connect also gives you the opportunity to measure with CT Dose Profiler.
Purchasing Ocean Professional gives you all the features of Ocean Connect plus so much more. Ocean Professional is Quality Assurance for the entire room & organization. Plan – measure – analyze!
Ocean Professional transforms Ocean into a powerful tool, providing for the creation of specified reports, helpful graphs, and detailed analysis of X-ray measurements. It allows you to create your test templates just like you want them. Make checklists for each room or tube. Customize the layout of Ocean and apply a large number of readymade analyses to your measurements. There are a number of different ways to make trend analyses on your measurements and it is easy to see the history of a specific measurement.
You fully control your “work environment”, while Ocean controls your RTI meter!
Size 1.53 MB
When purchasing a Black Piranha Ocean Connect will always be included. However, if your demands are a bit more extensive we recommend Ocean Professional. Study the differences between Ocean Connect and Professional below.
Which version of Ocean suits you best?
|Always included in your new QA system from RTI||•|
|Quick Check function. Get started quickly. Easy measurements, display data & waveforms||•||•|
|Work with a flexible screen layout||•||•|
|Store your measurement set-up as a favorite, displayed next time you start Ocean||•||•|
|Be able to export measurements to Excel®||•||•|
|Use CT Dose Profiler||•||•|
|Backup your database||•||•|
|Print out customized reports||•|
|Use test templates||•|
|Customize your CT Dose Profile measurements||•|
|Create QA not just for the X-ray machine but for the entire X-ray room, and whole organization||•|
|Possible to apply a large range of different analyses to your measured data||•|
|Trend analysis on equipment & measurements||•|
|History function – use old measurements as support/guidance||•|
|Use Ocean Central||•|
Analyses available in Ocean 2014 Professional
• Accuracy – Evaluates the accuracy of measured parameters. It calculates the deviation between a measured value and a set value (reference value) and compares against specified pass/fail criteria.
• Reproducibility – Evaluates the reproducibility of measured parameters. It calculates the difference from mean value, coefficient of variation and standard deviation.
• mA linearity – Evaluates the mA linearity. It compares the mA/exposure value of the different mA stations. It can be used with mA/time and mAs generators.
• HVL – Calculates half-value layer based on a number of exposures with increasing added filtration. Calculated half-value layer is compared to specified pass/fail criteria.
• Quick HVL – Compares the direct measured half-value layer to specified pass/fail criteria.
• CTDI – Calculates CTDI based on five CT dose values measured in different positions in a CT phantom. It calculates CTDI, weighted CTDI and normalized CTDI.
• AGD (ACR, EUREF or IAEA) – Calculates the average glandular dose according to the rules specified by ACR, EUREF or IAEA.
• Min/Max limits – Compares specified parameter to a high and/or low accepted limit. It can be used with all measured parameters and the user-calculation column.
• Checklist analysis – Analyze the result of a checklist - if it passed or failed, how many fails and how many warnings there were.
• AEC evaluations: AEC kV compensation, AEC mA compensation, AEC reproducibility, AEC reciprocity, AEC field balance, AEC density correction.
• Graphs – This analysis is used to plot two different columns against each other. You can do a line or polynomial fit to your data points. It calculates the Correlation Coefficient and Coefficient Determination and allows you to set your own pass/fail criteria.
• User calculations – Build your own calculations for any values in Ocean and apply other analyses such as accuracy, reproducibility and max/min limits.
1. Do you have the latest software?
It is always good to have the latest update for your instrument. This is because we constantly fix bugs and make improvements.
2. Have you read our FAQ?
For the most common application and measurement issues, we have collected the answers in one place. This is so that you will get a quick answer to your question.
3. Have you checked the application notes?
In our application notes, you will find answers, solutions and tips for some specific measuring task that may arise. Here you will also find instructions on how to measure on some unusual X-ray machines and new measuring set-up.
4. Contact your local distributor
Your local representative – our extension in the world – is an expert on RTI's products and can help youto answer your questions and support you. This way you can get help in your time zone and in your own language.
5. Contact us
We encourage you to contact us if you have questions or problems. We are here to help you and be your partner were in your everyday working life.
Which RTI Solution Suits Your Needs? RTI offers complete quality assurance solutions for all types or X-ray equipment.
To be able to find out which instrument and solution that suits you, we need to know a few things about you and your measuring situation. Please fill out this form, and we will get back to you with a product suggestion.